Choosing a profitable niche is one way to sell a product or service online. If you are brand new to the internet and want to make money, there are several ways that this can be achieved. There are several ways to choose your niche but most people will tell you to pick something you know a lot about or you are passionate about. That may be true but if your passion is about something that would not be interesting to others, then you will have to choose something else.
Now when you first start your online business, you have to decide what niche you are going to be working in. There are several very popular niches and if you are just starting out, you may or may not want to try them. Three of the most popular are:
Health and Fitness
Now being popular does not mean that you would not be successful in that niche. You would have to find a sub-niche or a micro niche. If you were going to look at health and fitness and you were passionate about yoga, as an example – you may pick a sub niche like “Staying Fit and Healthy Practicing Yoga.”
There are some really easy ways to ascertain if your passion or interest can be profitable.
1. See if there are already products being sold in that niche – just go to Google and type in your keywords. This will show you how many sites there are when you type in that particular keyword.
2. Check at Amazon and see if there is a magazine and or a book about it. There may be several magazines about your chosen niche.
3. Next head over to Clickbank and see if there are any books about it there.
4. Go to the Dummies book site and see if there is a book in the Dummies Group.
5. Now also use the Google keyword tool to check how many people are searching for that niche keyword.
If you have established that it is a profitable niche, then your next step is to register your domain name.
Let me know if you have found some of these suggestions helpful.
To YOUR success