If only 3-5 percent of marketers are successful, are you going to part of this group? Let me give you some of the rules that successful people use in all walks of life. This is the difference between the person who is interested and the person who is committed. This is what the committed person will do.
1. Be persistent, focused and take action. Don’t make excuses why they cannot do something – just make a start and do it. If you need help always ask.
2. Always believe that you can achieve your dreams. Whatever you want to achieve will require a plan and it is advisable to write out you plan. This is like a road map and at all times you can see where you are at on your journey to success.
3. You must be consistent and persevere and do not allow other people to tell you that you will not succeed. Do not doubt your own abilities.
4. Be assured that you are going to be successful. You know what you want so just work towards it.
5. If you encounter any problems, find a solution and keep moving forward. Maintain a positive “can do” attitude if you encounter problems or challenges.
Then we look at the world of the interested person.
1. They tell everyone what they want but they have a million excuses why they cannot have what it. Some of the excuses maybe – “I don’t have enough time” or “I have insufficient funds at this time.” They have no plan how they can reach their goals.
2. They like to blame others when they do not achieve. They will give reasons why something did or didn’t happen but they will not try and solve the problem and move forward.
3. Normally the interested person is a procrastinator. They may start a project but never seem to find the time to complete it. Again there will be a lot of reasons given why it is impossible to finish the project.
4. They lack consistency and the drive to achieve but they often believe that they haven’t succeeded because of others. If you ask them why they have not achieved their desired results, they will always give you a reason that has prevented them from achieving success.
Don’t be just interested but instead be committed. Know that what you start you are going to finish. You may have to alter your plans along the way but always strive to keep positive and achieve your dreams.